Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ya get what ya pay for....or do you?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

Hell, they've been doing shit like this for years. There was an "expose" about 20 years ago on some laundry detergent where they were advertising "new improved more concentrated" but when you worked out the number of loads you'd get it was less than with the old non-improved less concentrated version. Now it's so common the journalists don't even bother.

Another trick is when fast-food joints bring in a new size of french fries and "adjust" the sizes of the smaller portions to space them out, but don't reduce the price. You listening, Dave Thomas?

I'll tell you what worries me -- it's that government programs (transit comes to mind) not only want more money to keep the service going, but want a bigger percentage of the money. Nothing, but nothing, is getting cheaper -- not in actual dollars, not in inflation-adjusted dollars, and not in percentages. Meanwhile (as Snowolf will reluctantly point out if you beg him ) our pay is lagging inflation. Shouldn't take a math genius to extend the curve. Eventually it's going to run up against the hard face of reality and you'll get New Zealand or Greece happening everywhere.

Time to start stockpiling beans, boys....

I hate the parts between winter