Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Colorado Conditions

3K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Smokehaus 
#1 ·
My brother is coming to colorado from Fort Bragg before he reports to washington. Ive checked out Vail and Steamboat, but has anyone been to the slopes in colorado lately that can tell me what the conditions are like at ANY of the Mountains. Suggestions appriciated, thank you.

#2 ·
Wolf Creek and Silverton have the best conditions in Colorado, but they have not had much snow as of late. In other words it sucks. Is he going to Washington as in DC or Washington the state of? Because if he's doing the latter, I'd just skip the stop in Colorado and go straight to Bellingham. Baker has been going off as of late.

#6 ·
I love it. This is my second season and it has held up well. Its a stiffer al mountain board but pushing down my 280 lbs makes it mid flex.... I plan to get a new on at the end of the season. Probably to a couple sizes bigger. This ones a 159w. It does OK in up to knee deep pow but I need some steeper terrain to stay in top if its deeper

#20 ·
Winterpark got nailed with 9". A couple of friends where reporting that it was great and skiing very deep where the wind had loaded the snow up. Looks like Vail got 7" and I am sure the wind loading made for some nice spots there too. The good news is that we are entering a snowy cycle. Hopefully it lasts for a good while.

#24 ·
We got 4" up to 4pm. I just got home and there is another 6".... Dunno what they will report but I'm guessing it's a solid amount. It's still dumping outside now, I'm gonna take some nyquil, pass out and catch the first hair tomorrow.... I heard hat the majority of the bowls will be open but not advertised until the weekend. Should turn out to be a great morning tomorrow....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.