Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Quick Confirmation that this board is okay for the longhaul?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
WasatchMan
Veteran Member

First off, I would reconsider this 'buddy' of yours that makes you pay HUNDREDS of dollars to use his board.

Second, this board looks very odd, almost plastic-like. You seem to be very interested in this 'sport' - I would personally recommend going with a different, better, board - that will last you a while. This way you wont be purchasing another board next year. Also, I would get a freeride specific board for the terrain in japan, as well as what you like to ride, (powder & pillows) possibly something other than traditional camber, you will be miserable in japan pow on that.

Third and final, I would be concerned about your boot size. At size 11.5 - you really might need a wide. If not your feet will hang off the board, and this can cause a ton of problems. I wear the same size boot - and there are very few 'regular' width boards than I can fit on, if any. I definitely prefer a wide board.
WasatchMan is offline   Reply With Quote