Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Quick Confirmation that this board is okay for the longhaul?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
stonedzombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasatchMan View Post
First off, I would reconsider this 'buddy' of yours that makes you pay HUNDREDS of dollars to use his board.

Second, this board looks very odd, almost plastic-like. You seem to be very interested in this 'sport' - I would personally recommend going with a different, better, board - that will last you a while. This way you wont be purchasing another board next year. Also, I would get a freeride specific board for the terrain in japan, as well as what you like to ride, (powder & pillows) possibly something other than traditional camber, you will be miserable in japan pow on that.

Third and final, I would be concerned about your boot size. At size 11.5 - you really might need a wide. If not your feet will hang off the board, and this can cause a ton of problems. I wear the same size boot - and there are very few 'regular' width boards than I can fit on, if any. I definitely prefer a wide board.
Thanks for the reply.

First off, I should make clear that I actually bought this board originally from a friend of mine for $100. My original intention was to only use it for occasional trips, but now I'm pretty into it and want to make sure the board is right for me.

So, you're thinking the board is pretty bad then? To be honest, when I took it on the slopes, I didnt notice my feet hanging off at all.....then again, I really don't have anything to compare it to. Also, according to the board's summary, it's particular meant for freeriding, so wouldn't be okay then in that regard?
stonedzombie is offline   Reply With Quote