Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Quick Confirmation that this board is okay for the longhaul?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
KIRKRIDER
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedzombie View Post
Hey guys,

Noob snowboarder here, and have quickly become enamored with the sport. What started off by paying a buddy a hundred buxx so I could have a board for occasional trips, has now turned into something a lot more. Took it out on the slopes down here in Niigata, Japan and for whatever reason, it just clicked. Had an amazing time.

Since I now plan on going every freaking chance I get, it means I want to take everything a bit more serious, which means I want to make sure this board is the right one for me. The board I bought from my friend is a Dynastar Automotive Karma circa 2006 (only used once) 163cm. I did some digging and was able to find the exact model here for your reference: Dynastar*Karma Autodrive :::Snowboard buyer's guide 2005 / 2006 ::: SportsGearGuide.com - The Online Sports Gear and Buyer's Guide Magazine

To give you a little more info about me, I'm 25, 6'0 exactly, wear a size 11.5 boot, and weigh about 181 pounds. Also, I'm primarily interested in freeriding more so than freestyling/trick stuff. Will this board suffice for me or should I ditch it for something else?

Thanks in advance!

As they say it's not the board. It's the rider. Looks good enough to learn on, especially for $100.
One advice I can give is invest in a season pass if you can, you'll be more motivated to go ride and it will be much cheaper. the main thing that will make you a better rider is not your board but how many days you actually spend riding. Get protections too, in my case, they give me more confidence to push harder.

Have fun!
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote