Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Male -v- Female Tricks
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #26 (permalink)
ChristinaAK36

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
It's not chauvinistic, it's true.

Men tend to be more athletic as a whole than women. It's no different than saying that men as a whole tend to be taller than women. It doesn't mean that every man is taller and/or more athletic than every woman, but as a whole, this is the trend.
OK OK as a woman, I'll chip in. You are right, overall, men are more atheletic and aggressive. Thats not to say women never are. Personally I've always been a tom boy, into roughneck kinda sports that are aggressive and have always gone beyond my limits to keep up with the boys. For me, its in my nature. For most women, its not. I've drag raced for 6 years and its a male dominated sport so that made me want it more. I have 3 brothers... that likely explains it. When I want something, I get it.

When you look at the build of women compared to men, we know that in snowboarding height, weight, and all of the above come into play for how you shred so naturally, men and women arent going to always ride the same. I have to agree that women are just as capable physically to do whatever the hell they want...but it goes back to the mentality. I agree with the social comment, too. Women have a tough time in any traditionally male dominiated sport. They are torn down and left to build themselves back up very often. I guess you could say that women have to work a little harder to play the game if they want it and often have to work harder to gain respect. I experience this in racing ALOT.

It will be interesting to see women in various sports in 10 or 15 years. I say rock on ladies... if you can shred ... shred. I'm not all that good, but if I am out riding with the guys, I am likely (100% likely) pushing myself alot harder than if I'm riding with the girls.

Last edited by ChristinaAK36; 01-12-2012 at 01:43 PM.
ChristinaAK36 is offline   Reply With Quote