Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stolen snowboard at Mt Snow, Vermont anyone seen it
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
Bones
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
Leo's logic has my seal of approval on this thread. its not rocket surgery. lock it up.
The number of times I've heard of someone actually catching the thief with their board is far far fewer than the number of times I've heard "I just stepped inside to...."

I'll bet most of the thieves just move it to a rack around the corner or throw it behind a snowbank (or take it to board check) 10 seconds later and you'll never find it or them.

I can't count the number of times I've checked out a board leaning against the wall because it was a newer model than mine or had different graphics (I don't touch) and nobody came racing out of the lodge to confront me. Or lit a smoke, watched someone place their board against the wall and then watched them work their way thru the lodge to get their chili cheese fries. I usually can finish my smoke before they're in sight of their board again. Hell, takes me enough time to spot my board thru the windows when I first sit down.

Last edited by Bones; 01-12-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote