Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To ptex or not to ptex?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
Nsane1

Well, just an update.

After getting my snowboard work table built I finally got around to repairing my base and doing my first wax.

Repair went well, Had to do the deeper gouge a second time because the first time I did it I pressed too hard when initially scraping and pulled most of it back out of the groove. Also, I don't think I was letting the ptex get hot enough the first go round. Sencond pass came out perfect. I did get a little more "brown/carbon" than I would've liked but it's not even really noticable. I held the ptex low so the flame stayed blue, not sure what else I could've done.

The wax went well but I used wayyy too much. I'm guessing a newb mistake that most people make, but out of my 100g thing of wax I used about 3/8th's of it... yikes. Oh well, guess I was just loving the smell of that One Ball. LOL After scraping for a long while it came out pretty nice looking I think. Was wondering if there was anything else I could do after the scrape phase? I lightly went over the board with a green scotch brite and then with the cork pad that came with the rub on wax in the kit. Didn't really see that it helped.

So, thanks again for the encouraging words, give me some feedback on little steps people to just to polish it up after the wax. Thanks.
Salomon Faction's

Usual Riding Spots:
Snowshoe, WV
Paoli Peaks, IN
Perfect North, IN
Nsane1 is offline   Reply With Quote