Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Wow. This sport is addicting!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 03:12 AM Thread Starter
SwitchFoot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow. This sport is addicting!

After 5 days this season in really non-snowboarding weather so-to-speak (SoCal), I have fallen in LOVE with snowboarding!

As a newb, I was able to get a good feel after 5th day of toe side and heel side carving - slow but I did it after multiple falls.

Last day was at Big Bear Snow Summit run where I was able to come down the mountain and practice pointing my board and turning both on heel and toe side. IT WAS AWESOME!

I have a friend's 'old gear' that I borrowed up for my first snow board trip and now I want to know, what do I need to invest in.

I do have boots: Ride Haze 2008 (sz 9).

I do not know what to ride or what size or what kind of bindings or board for a beginner. So suggestions are what I am asking for.

I'm 5'5", 145 lbs, 44 years old.

I just want to be able to go at a pretty good speed with toe and heel side turns down the mountain and try to keep up with my 8 and 11 year old kids who were going down the beg/int slope by day 2!!!

I rode a 2008 Ride Havoc 152 with 2008 Ride EX bindings.

I read this is an intermediate board and am unsure what that really means. What's the difference really?

Basically, I want to have tons of fun and control the board! LOL