Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Okemo Experts!
Thread: Okemo Experts!
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
herzogone
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Well, I'm no expert since I've only gone there a couple times, but I believe there's not a lot of steep stuff there, though I like it none the less. On the plus side, there's plenty of trails and acreage, at least by ice-coast standards. I personally found the layout/locations of the lifts a little more confusing than most other places I've been, but it could be worse. I'll leave the specific recommendations to the experts, but I suggest avoiding the green trails coming down from the summit at all costs since they have numerous long, flat, or even slightly uphill sections. Looking at the interactive trail map for this weekend, it looks like only one glade trail is open ("Whistler", a blue), but maybe more will be by the time you're there. That's about all I can say about the glades since I didn't try any of them. Also, I was there on in-season weekends and the lift lines never seemed bad, although the main lodge area got very crowded. They have a pretty nice-looking superpipe and decent parks as well. My son had a blast riding the roller coaster at the Jackson Gore base area at the end of the day too.
herzogone is online now   Reply With Quote