Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Whats next after linking turns on greens
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 01:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
ohhhnick

Default Whats next after linking turns on greens

Hello everyone, first post here looking to try and figure out what to work on next.

Some quick background: I'm 5'8 175 pounds. I ride a 2012 Burton Clash, Burton Ruler Boots, with Custom bindings (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought this stuff). I had previous to this season ridden maybe 5 times, but all I could do was the falling leaf. This season I started learning how to turn heal and toe side.
2 trips ago, the light switch went off and i could link turn on green runs easily. This last time I went, I got faster and smoother turns and I'm not sure, but I think I was getting pretty dynamic with them as well. All on green runs of course. (I hit the lift 28 times)

I tried a blue run, at Mountain High, but it was way too steep for me, I slide slipped half of it down before it got to the point I felt comfortable.

So questions are:
What do I practice next? Do I stay on the green runs and try getting more dynamic, and keep practicing, do I step up to the blue's and try and link turns there? Any other suggestions for practice.

Also have i outgrown my board already? should I upgrade, or should I wait till the end of season? I don't want to hold me back from turning on steeper terrain, I know its designed for beginner easiness, and reading reviews on it has me scared trying to go faster on blue runs.

Thanks for your help!
ohhhnick is offline   Reply With Quote