Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

GF is out

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  civic2tegg 
#1 ·
So today at MT. Creek my gf fell back pretty hard on some ice. she broke her landing with her wrist needless to say she's hurting pretty bad most likely sprained. I know this is a common injury in this sport since most people use their hands to break falls. So what's the typical recovery time on something like that?

#4 ·
depends on the type of sprain, last year i hit a wall in my gym class (yes i know it sounds stupid, but it is a small gym) and i mistakenly used my hands to cushion the hit. My wrists were killing me for the next, maybe a little more than a month (i was full out sprinting). The other week I caught an edge and landed right on my wrists and it felt like it was re-sprained but it went away in a couple days. So a lot of stuff factors in. least amount of time in my opinion would be 1-2 weeks recovery

#9 ·
Thursdays rain shitted things up a little but to be honest they were blowing a lot of snow I went today as well and it was man made powder with an ice base that in some areas poked out a little much. All in all awesome conditions for the bullshit weather we've had... and the Dr confirmed today that it's broken not sprained so it seems she won't be snowboarding for 6 weeks.

#10 ·
We also thought my boys wrist was just a sprain. He fractured his Scapoid bone as his wrist was swollen on top and bottom but still had full function.

My point, just don't wait to long to get it looked at if the "sprain" is still hurting.
He's out 6-8 weeks, and he wasn't wearing wrist guards as he is supposed to....
Hope she heals fast

#13 ·
fell on my wrist yesterday at hunter while trying to bomb down the iciest mountain in the area. slightly fractured a small wrist bone. i know how fall but it just happened real fast. doctor said it should be a lot better in 2 weeks. i didn't think anything was wrong at first. i even did 5 more runs afterwards. it just started getting worse on the 3 hour drive home and i couldn't sleep with it so i went to the er and had X-rays done. actually thinking about going snowboarding again this weekend or next lol

#14 ·
sweeet! now you can shred without having to wait for your GF all day long :cheeky4:

#17 ·
Yeah the only safety equipment I beleive in is a helmet. Head injuries are no joke wrist legs everything else sucks but will heal over time. I don't like weighing myself down. I very rarely fall but the reality is I'm usually not the only one on the mt all it takes is one jackass to plow you and its game over. So i forced her to wear a helmet and glad I did the amount she falls it really has come in the clutch. But outside of the helmet I think the less you have to put on the the better I don't want to be the kid from christmas story.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.