Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advice on taking a 180 to a jump
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #24 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

Not sure how "corked" works, I didn't turn forward. I basically rotated so that my head was out front of my board. I managed to get the nose of the board to hit first so I didn't just land on my lead shoulder, but I think that caused me to turn and land face-first. At least that's how I recall it. Happened kind of fast. I got up, shook my head to get the snow off my face, made that cartoon sound when you shake your head, then noticed a vertical crack on my lens right between my eyes. "Eep", says I.

I'd been having a problem today with coming off the jump too far back on my board -- a problem I usually have with a steep takeoff ramp -- and I was trying to correct it. Not doing it right

The good news about these types of crashes is that (at least in my case) it actually improves my confidence because it really didn't hurt anything except my pride so I'm a little more willing to just huck it next time. I landed a couple of good ones after that, so I'm not freaked out.

In retrospect, "Let's get the goat drunk"
should have been my cue to leave the party.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote