Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Is there anyone on here in Japan?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #33 (permalink)
onji

@dreampow

I'm inclined to agree with you, I've only done a bit of riding in Honshu, but from what the local crew tell me here the Hokkaido snow's like Champagne.... and I agree, it would be hard to beat the quality of snow we get up here, it's tip top

Dunno if you'll find the T.Rice 157 too short, the board rides long and stiff, you've gotta be on the ball (well, I do anyway) when you're doing spins and air on this thing otherwise it's pretty happy to buck you off down the hill..... I've been there a few times. This thing is playful and goes edge to edge very quickly, but I must say it does take a bit of energy to ride well. If I had anything to whinge about it's that the sidecut is a bit wide for my weight range, but oh well..... Nothing McDonald's can't cure

@supra

Man that looks nice, what skijo are you at? I've got a mate in Toyama and she's always off to Nagano, but you're vid's got some very nice looking pow.... Are those runs ungroomed at your hill?
onji is offline   Reply With Quote