Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Questions about Snowboard Protection
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Sudden_Death
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgrnpenguin View Post
I am about to hit up a freestyle camp in a few weeks and was thinking about getting some protection as well. Last time I tried the park was about three years ago; smashed my knee on the edge of a fun box slipping forward and couldn't walk properly for a month! (Also fell pretty hard on my tailbone the year before - still get some pain there at times). No way I am going near any boxes or rails without some knee guards, and would like to get some impact shorts that have good tailbone protection. Any other recommendations out there?

And yes, I am over 30! It is amazing how quick your body ages once you reach your 30th b'day!
I did this quick review of a pretty sweet set of knee pads, http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...knee-pads.html. The other nice thing is that they pretty much cover down to the top of your boot as well. I am using the Azzpad for tailbone protection and between the two I have taken some decent hits and come away fine.
Sudden_Death is online now   Reply With Quote