Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What is the best way to find an instructor?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
cocolulu

Hey there, welcome! I don't know of any way to pick an instructor and I don't think you have to put a whole lot of thought into it. Although, if you name a few resorts here, perhaps people on this forum have some friends/instructors that they can recommend. Maybe you can call into the resort with a name and make a request or get the person's schedule. But as far as I know, it's hit or miss with instructors.

I think it's pointless to take the beginner's group lesson again unless you feel like you need to rehash on the basic lesson. If you remember the lesson, just practice those things on the bunny slopes until you're more comfortable with the basic skills.

Once you've made some progress, it might be good to take a private lesson. Private lessons are much more efficient, and the instructor provides more useful feedback. Sometimes, group lessons can feel like you're just being herded down the bunny slopes, but private lessons can be a lot more constructive.
cocolulu is offline   Reply With Quote