Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - what size board do i get?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
NickNorth11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedition View Post
Not quite. If you ACTUALLY do the research, you'll see that people making this claim have no basis for it, and normally are just repeating the same misinformation they have heard from other people. Since you apprentlly have not done the rsearch, I have done it for you. Please read post #4 of this thread and then come back and talk to me about the matter.
First, don't be a dick. Their gear is expensive as hell. Go to burton's website and look at the first outerwear setup on the page. Pants + jacket = $1100, the second setup is $850, the third is $670, etc.

Quote:
Also, since Burton has such % of the market, it would make perfect sense that you would hear more about their boards having issues than someone like Never Summer, for the simple reason that a VAST number of more poeople actully own Burton decks than Never Summer (or Stepchild, Santa Cruz, Sims, Rome, etc)
I posted what I saw here in other posts, so I can't substantiate it. However, I didn't mean to imply they had a higher percentage of manufacturer defects of the total market, but rather per capita.

Quote:
Right. And we all know that just because a mere "noob" is decked out in Burton gear, then that is the only reason the "cool" kids should not consider Burton products.
Fair, but we all have our preferences. I already said I would buy burton if the price was right, but it never is.

Quote:
Almost everyone that has a problem with large corporations doing bad things. Try using The Google. You'll find lots.
Well, like I said, we all have our preferences, but I've yet to hear of anyone voicing anything negative about Nike.