Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Beaver Creek was powderiffic first Sunday in April 08
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
DBtv

Default Beaver Creek was powderiffic first Sunday in April 08

After 4" of snow Saturday night, I hit the Strawberry Park Express lift (right out the back door of our lodging at The Inn at Beaver Creek) bright and early at 8:30 and a quick run down the catwalk to Larkspur found me in an incredible bowl of pow that was like riding in heaven for a couple of hours until the pricks on sticks got it all moguled up. This was real fluffy powder, not heavy spring mush, because the temperatures were in the 20's until much later in the day. The sweetest ride.

When I finally got Mrs. DBtv on her board around 10:30 we ventured down to Arrowhead which I feared would be a slush fest, but due to it's lower skier density and the low temps, was still full of great stashes of pow. Mrs. DBtv ran down Cresta and Golden Bear while I was bombing Tomahawk and Flint. We retired to the Ritz at Bachelor's Gulch for the $20 nachos (incredibly, they are worth it) just in time to make it up the last Bach Gulch Express (closes at 3:30). A quick run down Intertwine got us back to the IBC in time for Mrs. DBtv's salon treatment and my last three trips down a bumped up President Ford's Run to practice my mogul skills (hate the bumps but gotta learn how to deal).

All in all, an epic day for April. Incredible 87" depth still resident and less population density than high season made it one unforgettable session.

It's a massive drag that the resort must close next weekend, because there will be a lot of snow left on the table.