Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard of jumping and park.
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
LooseChange

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
I don't think 154 is too big for you at 170 lbs (I'm 155 lbs and I currently ride a 154 for a park board), although you may end up preferring a shorter board - that is just preference, there is nothing that a 154 will prevent you from doing that you could do with a 150.

The Garage is Rome's affordable board (no frills but solid) and the Artifact is their softer jib board, which is also cheaper (since why put a lot of expensive tech into a board that is going to be smashed into rails).

I think the Garage 154 Wide is fine. I don't think the Artifact 150 is going to be what you are looking for (but I wouldn't be surprised some kid is going to reply to my post saying that they ride the Artifact 150 down triple black diamonds and 90 ft step-up jumps... or that some pro does it... ).

I don't know if this board is wide. So you think I should keep it then? This board is going to be good for hitting some nice jumps? What style of board do people prefer for jumps? I rode a 154 burton custom demo board and it felt amazing on jumps compared to my 158 custom x. Then again, maybe my bindings aren't far enough apart.
LooseChange is offline   Reply With Quote