Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Best resorts in New Hampshire & Vermont?!
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV82 View Post
Don't mean to jack the thread, but I'm going to be working in Maine for a Month or so, I've never been riding out east.

Is Jay Peak the place to go, or are there some nice places in Maine?

I like the steeps/trees and if there's a nice park that's not ridiculously crowded, thanks to this year I've become quite accustomed to ice.. heh
Don't care about the price and don't mind a long drive, just looking to experience a nice mountain in the east.

Thanks guys!

I typically ride at Keystone/Breck & Abasin
It's been a long time since I've been to Loon and Cannon in New Hampshire, but I remember them also having good terrain.

Jay has steep chutes off the front face, glades everywhere (I mean it) possibly the best glades in North America, and a couple little parks. I'm not a big park rider but I remember a run last year at jay where I started on a nice groomer at the top, then I dropped into a steep powder run under the lift, then into some trees, and finally I came out the bottom into a park and hit some of the big jumps for some old school big air grabs It was one of my favorite runs of the year!!!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote