Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Teaching My 9 Year Old Daughter
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
bgmic58

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmic58 View Post
First of all, a big thank you to the community on this board. I have learned a lot from what I have read and researched here!

I started teaching my daughter to snowboard last year. For her first time out I put her in to a beginer class as i knew i would not have the patients/ knowlege to get her off the bunny hill. After the first class, she was able to make it down the mountain heel side all of the way. Last year she had about 6 days.

Here is the video of her last season.

So far this year she has 4 days, and many more planned. She has already made progress. We have been working on transitioning from heels and toes. There was a great tip on another thread about hunting the rabbit, and that finally got her to click on how to transition (Although me falling was not fun).

She is starting to get it, but I am looking for any other tricks to help. She is not comfortable with her toe side for long periods and still wants to do it all heel. Here is a video from out last trip over MLK weekend

I guess what I am asking is what other tricks, or drills can she do? What ever critiques or suggestions you have would be appreciated!

She is having fun, and likes the sport, I only want her to get to a level of competency where she can ride the mountain. After that, I will stop being a pushy dad.

Thanks again
Don't know if the videos worked, so here is the Link

Video 1
Kylie snowboarding - YouTube

Video 2
Sunrise Ski Park January 2012 #3 - YouTube
bgmic58 is offline   Reply With Quote