Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - issues with my T.Rice/ first encounter with RC boards.
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 03:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
vcka

Default issues with my T.Rice/ first encounter with RC boards.

Just Picked up a T. Rice HP 153 and rode it for the first time in Revelstoke BC over the weekend. and i ran into a couple issues..maybe someone here can point me in the right direction !

stats:

i'm 145lbs 5'10 and wear a size 10 boot.

i've been riding 7 years on a regular 154cm cambered Ride board. (probably 6 to 7 out of 10 in stiffness) mainly pow/steeps/moogles/trees and some grooms.

i found with the T rice, it was almost impossble for me to NOT over carve, every turn.. also found it very sentivive to the power/moogles.. i'm wondering if this is because it's an HP and it's not as stiff as the regular? i feel as if it's almost TOO flexible.. i get bounced back on my momentum on every edge. also harder to find a balance as well..

i initially had a 161.5 T rice, and was afraid it would be too big for me, so i sized down to a 153cm HP.. now that i've physcially tried the 153cm HP for 2 days im almost positive it's too short for me and not meant for power/moogles/rough patches..

my friend who was observing me, said i don't need to carve as agressive as i do for the t rice. but i feel i can't carve well period with the t rice, except on grooms. in moogles and powder it's brutal.

so my questions is.. is this board too short for me? and i should size back up to a 157 or 161.5?

OR

should i try giving NS a try and go for one of their more powder oriented boards? and also size up?

OR is the 153cm HP fine for me i just need to get use to it? ( when you ride cambered boards all your life, trying a reverse camber for the first time can be very different i guess )

not sure which way to approache this, or which board i need to buy next ! please help i just want to have a board i can use for my style of riding on my next upcoming trip in 3 weeks !!
vcka is offline   Reply With Quote