Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Powder Board Suggestions!
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bobby Budds

Salomon sick stick

-They call this an all mountain to powder snowboard. This board seems like more of a powder board to me so I'm not too interested in it at this point as I need a board for those groomers and choppy stuff.

K2 Gyrator

-This board looks like a lot of fun, but I'm skeptical of how well it's going to work for carving in powder. My current board is a reverse camber, and I am looking for something with a blend. I really like the 1" stance setback on this board.

Burton Nug

-Way to small for me

Jones Hovercraft

-This board looks like a dream to ride in the back country. I'm very skeptical about using a design like this on a resort on any other day then an epic powder day.

Salomon Powder Snake

-Wow a board built for powder and park? Interesting. Anyone ride this on groomers?

Ride Slackcountry

-I'm very interested in this board. It has a 3/4" setback. It has highrize(slightly higher rocker in the nose than the tail and nearly flat under foot). I am really trying to find a board with some camber in it as well but this board has piqued my interest.

Arbor Coda

-Wow this board looks awesome and I know a small shop near me carries arbor. Thanks for recommending it. If they made this in a directional I'd be all over this. I guess I could ride it back on the holes but would it perform as well as a true directional?

Ride Berzerker

-I'm very interested in this board. Jake Blauvelt is one of my favorite riders. Featuring rocker in the nose and a level micro-camber zone extending under the feet and through the tail, the new Hybrid All Mountain shape provides the perfect blend to charge it all. Has anyone rode this in the powder and on groomers?

Ride Highlife UL Snowboard

-This board is very similar to the berzerker and it's 60 more. The specs are very similar. It's around 50 more than the berzerker

K2 Turbo dream.

-This board looks like alot of fun. It has a lot of pop and is directional. The only thing I don't like is there is no camber in it. I bet this would be fun on a resort. Has anyone rode this backcountry? How did it perform?

Libtech La Nina MC

-There description says "The La Niņa is a directional shape banana in the front, rocker between your feet and camber (C1) in the back design with Magne-Traction. Matt rides a lot of resort accessible steep pow terrain and the often brutal, to the point of comedy, terrain necessary to get in and out of the pow stashes and then hits every jib or cat track hit on the way back to the lift."

Has anyone tried this board? It does look interesting. By there description it does sound like what I need, however I don't trust the marketers that write this shit!

So far I'm the most interested in:
Arbor Coda(Would love this in a directional)
Ride Berzerker
Ride Highlife UL
Libtech La Nina

It would be nice if I could hear first hand accounts of how these ride. I'm off to do some more interest. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread so far.
Bobby Budds is offline   Reply With Quote