Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Powder Board Suggestions!
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
hikeswithdogs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Budds View Post

K2 Gyrator

-This board looks like a lot of fun, but I'm skeptical of how well it's going to work for carving in powder. My current board is a reverse camber, and I am looking for something with a blend. I really like the 1" stance setback on this board.

K2 Turbo dream.

-This board looks like alot of fun. It has a lot of pop and is directional. The only thing I don't like is there is no camber in it. I bet this would be fun on a resort. Has anyone rode this backcountry? How did it perform?
The Gyrator is considerably rated at the top of of PURE pow boards , probably not ideal for groomers but regardless a really really bad ass aboard.

The K2 TurboDream is the board they modeled their Panoramic backcountry Split board off of , it's like an "all mountain powder board" , I'm 5'11, weigh 185Lbs, ride the 157 wide and leave everyone behind on POW days except those that have dedicated powder boards. It has reverse camber up from and a very small amount in back.

I would also 2nd the pow snake especially at that price and trust me you WANT reverse camber or flat camber for a pow stick.

Last edited by hikeswithdogs; 01-19-2012 at 04:24 PM.
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote