Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Burton Hero Good or Bad?

7K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Tech420 
#1 ·
Looking at getting a Burton Hero this week, does anyone know how it rides?

#2 ·
i rode one the first year they came out. it was a 158. full rocker, true twin, soft, wide, buttery, floats in pow really well but has very little pop. not good at flying over/through chop. holds a good edge on ice but is squirrely flat-based. durable, so you beat the hell out of it in the park. fun, easy-riding board.

#3 ·
Its a completely different board than year one. Now it has lightning rods or whatever theyre calling them. Carbon stix in th tips for pop and this year it got sueezebox. Its actually a pretty good park stick with enough stability for comfortable jumping and really fun on jibs.

Get it and put Malaitas on it.

#4 ·
I like mine and its my first true park board (so I don't have much to compare it to). My only other park board is the original Burton Se7en when it first came out which is a really stiff flex board with camber. The soft flex and the v-rocker shape of the Hero handles much better in the park. My 2010 still has really got pop despite the soft flex. Its much harder to catch an edge with than my other board.

Its no fun on steeper slopes and/or icy conditions though. Steep slopes are ok if the snow is soft but it doesn't hold at all on icy conditions.

#5 ·
I just recently got the 2010 hero and i like it so far. Its a great board for all over the mountain. The board has a pretty soft flex. It handles well in the park. It does get a bit choppy when you try to bomb down the mountain though. The grip tech doesnt really do anything for icy conditions. In my opinion, this board is pretty good. Also malavitas would do very well on this board.

#6 ·
I have a 2012 which has the addition of the squeeze box. For a more park board it is pretty stable bombing the mountain(keep in mind I have a 2012). Very playful board with plenty of pop that loves to be hucked off of anything you can find. It does get a bit washy in icy conditions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.