Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Powder Board Suggestions!
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Bobby Budds

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeswithdogs View Post
The Gyrator is considerably rated at the top of of PURE pow boards , probably not ideal for groomers but regardless a really really bad ass aboard.

The K2 TurboDream is the board they modeled their Panoramic backcountry Split board off of , it's like an "all mountain powder board" , I'm 5'11, weigh 185Lbs, ride the 157 wide and leave everyone behind on POW days except those that have dedicated powder boards. It has reverse camber up from and a very small amount in back.

I would also 2nd the pow snake especially at that price and trust me you WANT reverse camber or flat camber for a pow stick.
So I was way off on the k2 gyrator. I had it backwards. My only experience riding a pow board was a S-rocker mololo and fish. With my current board it's a GNU park pickle which is reverse camber. It floats alright in pow but it carves like shit. I figured reverse cambers weren't as good as a mixed rocker/camber board.

So you're saying I would want a reverse camber for pow? Not a mix? Like a S-camber or even a mixed camber(rocker in middle, cambered under both feet).
Bobby Budds is offline   Reply With Quote