Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Powder Board Suggestions!
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Skimmed the thread.

I've ridden the 1st Gen Burton Fish, Osin 4807, Prior Khyber, and recently the Never Summer Summit 160. I really like the Summit 160, it is surprisingly good on man-made snow groomers and hardpack here Lake Tahoe (i.e. I had a lot of fun carving it on groomer slopes). Edgehold on scrapped-hard man-made is decent, but not great (far better than the Burton Fish)... so if you planning on using the board to freeride when there is true ice... you might want something with more grip.

Board was really fun even in the "snowcone snow" made from people scrapping off the top snow (again this is man-made since until this week Tahoe was bone-dry) run and gathers in 3-4 inch deep piles on the edges of the trail and near bumps. The board has become my default freeride board at the moment (obviously it is good in powder).

BTW, I'm pretty sure Arbor Coda is directional. I scouted out the Sick Stick and Pow Snake and hope to try them in the future.

Last edited by lonerider; 01-19-2012 at 08:07 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote