Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Build me a setup for $800!
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Bayoh

Ya definitely get boots first to see what your budget for the rest of your setup will be. Don't skimp out on them at all and get the pair that fits you best(no heel lift and snug all around your foot without causing pressure points).

I second looking at whiskeymilitia for goggles, they have some nice Dragon goggles for sale nearly everyday it seems.

I don't suggest getting Burton EST bindings unless you really want them as it will pigeonhole you into only Burton boards with the EST channel. Nothing wrong with that, but also note that EST stuff is rather pricey too.

Whatever bindings you get, also make sure they fit with your boots. Bindings are generally setup to fit pretty much any boot, but sometimes some boot brands don't like to play nice with bindings of a different brand.

For the most mix and match the hell out of your gear. Buy what has good reviews and what you feel is right for you.

As for what exactly you want for board and bindings, just roam around the forum a while and see what's suggested for the kind of riding you plan on doing. There's a lot of products out there that cater to different styles.
Bayoh is offline   Reply With Quote