Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - At a lost for words
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
crash77
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default At a lost for words

I've been snowboarding for 2 seasons. I have a 2011 Rossignol Taipan 158 with camber between the feet and rocker tip/tail. When I first started boarding I thought I wanted to be a rider that hard charges the mountain, doing mach 11 down every trail. For Christmas I bought my son a Aperture mid-wide rocker board 158 (part of a pckg deal from Zumiez). We went to Liberty Ski Resort (we live on the ice coast) yesterday and he didn't like the loose feeling of his board, so we switched boards and we never switched back the entire day. He loved the Taipan, it felt more stable when flatbasing and, TO MY AMAZEMENT, I loved the surfy feeling of the rocker board. On my Taipan, I struggled to ride switch & I couldn't land jumps, but on my son's rocker, riding switch and jumping was a breeze. I even began playing around with buttering while going down the hill. I don't know if it was a mind thing or if a rocker suits my riding techniques the best. Now I will likely give my son my board and purchase another. I don't have loads of money to buy multiple profile boards and I rarely get to demo boards. I definitely want a board with excellent edge hold. At night when the trails got icy, my son's rocker washed out on me (that hurt). How does the ride differ from a rocker vs hybrid rocker (rocker between the feet)? Could you guys give me some boards to take a look at. I know the obvious choices would be Gnu & Lib Tech due to the magnetraction. Not sure about NS vario grip. Any others?
crash77 is offline   Reply With Quote