Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - At a lost for words
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Basti

If you like Rocker and some help with grip, have a look at the Arbor Westmark. Griptech is said to be great.

Hybrid camber boards try to combine the loose feeling (rocker) with the stability of a camber stick. It is a good compromise for many riders. Since there are a few different hybrid concepts, it would be best if you tried some of them out. But for your purposes I would recommend a medium-flex with Rocker between the bindings and Camber in the tips. To me that combo makes the most sense. Or you can stay with Rocker of course, though many rocker boards get a bit jiggy at high speeds.

Other than that I prefer Vario over Magnetraction because it is just as effective but not that extreme. I ride a Never Summer Proto CTX and the hybrid camber + Vario is pretty great. No problems on ice as long as you know how to edge properly. The Proto has great pop and is overall an incredible all-mountain deck. But it is not a butter stick.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote