Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - At a lost for words
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
crash77
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan2011 View Post
It sounds like you want a rockered board, and if that is the case, Never Summer and Lib Tech are not what you are looking for. The profile is identical to your Taipan. Unless you went with the Skate Banana.

Check out Arbor. Coda sounds right up your alley. I really liked that board, and it is definitely surfy, but very stable at speed, and the edge tech is awesome. I think Flow has a lot of rockered boards as well.

Another profile to check out, which in my opinion is like cheating as well, would be the flat to rocker boards. Capita and K2 have a lot of boards like this. So easy to stick jumps, flat basing is a breeze. Not as surfy as pure rocker, but really easy to start getting into the park with.
I thought never summer and lib tech were the opposite of the taipan, in terms of profile? But I will def look into arbor, k2, and capita. I guess my dilemma right now is because I can't demo boards, I am relying on you guys to explain the difference in the ride characteristics of the different profiles. And I totally forgot about flat rocker tech. Can you guys in simple terms explain the difference as to how each profile?

Last edited by crash77; 01-22-2012 at 04:24 PM.
crash77 is offline   Reply With Quote