Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - At a lost for words
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
cjcameron11
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan2011 View Post
It sounds like you want a rockered board, and if that is the case, Never Summer and Lib Tech are not what you are looking for. The profile is identical to your Taipan. Unless you went with the Skate Banana.

Check out Arbor. Coda sounds right up your alley. I really liked that board, and it is definitely surfy, but very stable at speed, and the edge tech is awesome. I think Flow has a lot of rockered boards as well.

Another profile to check out, which in my opinion is like cheating as well, would be the flat to rocker boards. Capita and K2 have a lot of boards like this. So easy to stick jumps, flat basing is a breeze. Not as surfy as pure rocker, but really easy to start getting into the park with.
Actually NS and Mervin are rocker between feet camber under feet which is different to what he described his rossignol was. And if you want full banana then the banana magic would be what i would suggest, awesome board that many people will rave about, although it is $700. I agree trying K2 flatbase tech i have actually thought about buying a slayblade recently for this exact reason.

There are so many different brands with rocker/camber and grip tech options it really comes down to personal preference of brands graphics and budget nowadays.

Ohh and i suggest the gnu riders choice, i love it, its rocker between the feet then camber under foot, i love it and so far has done everything i have put it through with no issues, and i agree with linvillegorge, magnetraction can be grabby but i think once you figure this out it actually is quite helpful

Last edited by cjcameron11; 01-22-2012 at 03:53 PM.
cjcameron11 is offline   Reply With Quote