Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #1593 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Cannonsburg was cool today - only had a fraction of their park features set up, but what was there was really good.

Big park out front had a donkey rail, a long down box, a street-style rail next to a wall made of snow (saw a kid hit his face on said wall, LOL), and a nasty looking flat box to acid drop that was about a 7' drop to flat. Did not see anyone hit that. There was a nice bonk that was above my skill level but kids were tapping it, bonking it, fastplant/handplanting. Also a big ass Monster can that you could slide, and the Subway bank/wall at the bottom. In between donkey rail and the street rail was a nice lip you could jump, that's all I did in this park today although I probably should've hit that donkey rail.

There was a set of rollers that were legit on the left side of the mountain and a nasty cannon that Jenny hit with not enough speed and landed on the flats (looked like it would've hurt!) and a wall ride and some crazy round tire type bonk.

There were also a few small kickers on the trail far right (from base) of the progression park that were pretty tame.

The progression park was pretty solid with 9 features, 3 lines of 3 features, all ride-ons. Left: flat box, battleship box (wide), butter box. Middle: flat bar, rainbow bar, something else. Right: flat box, flat-down box, butter box (wide). All of them funneled in to a skate-bowl type hip thingy.

You can really dial things in on that progression park: this guy nailed 3 new tricks today

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 48

Mt. Brighton - 13
Hawk Island - 6
Mt. Holly - 5
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Boyne Mountain - 2
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2