Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Arbor Element RX or Roundhouse RX?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
KC10Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasatchMan View Post
How do you live in AK and rarely ride powder?!

But yeah, if you just like speed, stability, epic carves and more - go with the CX.

But honestly, there are A LOT better boards than the roundhouse for doing what you want to do. I see the roundhouse as more of a powder/backcountry type board (rx obviously)

The CX seems like it would just get boring after a while. Do you do any side hits, or jumps? Do you want something more playful you can mess around with more? Or do you strictly just carve up the mountain and spit it out?
Well, I was 30 years old when I moved up here in 2009. I had never snowboarded before. Honestly, I don't get to get out all that much. If you really want to ride some powder, you're gonna pay. You need a helicopter to get there. There is only one big resort in the whole state and that is Alyeska. The place is amazing. If I can't make it down there, I ride at one of the two ski hills here in Anchorage. The back country stuff here is pretty dangerous and very remote. If you don't recommend an Arbor, then what else would you guys recommend for my riding style? I take it easy. I just enjoy the pleasure of the ride. Perhaps if I had started this sport when I was a teenager, I'd be different. But I don't do any serious jumps. I find plenty of enjoyment in just riding down the hill, carving it up. Thoughts?
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote