Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Tightening traditional lacing system
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cruiserdude

I've got a pair of the Nike Vapens and I think they're great. I echo snowfiend that you should get boots that are pretty snug as they are, but I do the same thing cjcameron11 does with crossing the laces. First thing is you pull each set of laces in the liner and make them snug, and wrap the excess lace around your ankle, then tighten each set of laces for the bottom of the boot. Pull tight, cross the laces around each other for one full twist, pull tight, and put them in the first set of clasps. Then push the tongue in tight with your hand, and repeat the process of double-crossing the laces and hit the next clasp, and then pull tight and knot them. I just do a standard over-hand loop, tuck the excess into my boot gaiters, and they stay tight all day long.

I think its called hockey skate style lacing, google for a video. Honestly though, I've found the traditional lacing of these Nikes to be far superior to any speed lacing I've tried in terms of comfort and adjustability.
Cruiserdude is offline   Reply With Quote