Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Boards of the past
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
HoboMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
All good points. And therein lies the problem. Yes, finding this board is a long-shot. But so is thinking I'm going to be out with the opportunity to try a variety of new boards to really zero in on what works best for me.

All this leads back to the question. Although this board was quite nice back in 2005, has board technology changed enough that even a middle of the road board from say, 2010, would be foreseeably as good if not better than this board? This is the one factor I may be overlooking.

Thanks again
Really depends on what you want... Traditional camber boards are more or less the same thing they were in 05, what has changed is the introduction of reverse camber, rocker and hybrids. If you don't like the way new-tech boards ride, than a traditional camber board from 2010 isn't going to have much on one from 05 (except that it's new and not beat up).

I would suggest trying out the new tech though, I used to ride a 06 Atomic Hatchet which I loved, got on a hybrid-camber Neversummer Evo and haven't touched the Hatchet since.