Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - TRS vs Banana Magic
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The Magic is stiffer than the TRS, but softer than the T.Rice. One thing you have to note about the Banana Magic is that it's a very nimble board. One of my buddies just bought one and the edge to edge response threw him off at first. He said it wasn't used to that much responsiveness. Needless to say, the Magic is a great board to lay down carves. It's a very light as well which is a plus because I find Lib's non-horsepower boards to be on the heavier side.

Keep in mind that the TRS has an extruded base. It's not slow by any means though. I like Lib's TnT bases.

Obviously, you know I ride MI. I didn't have any issues with stability on the Magic on even the steepest runs here through ice. However, the T.Rice is a much more damp board. The Magic still has a liveliness to it, but no chatter from what I rode. Mr. Polonia (rarely posts here) has been taking this board to several big mountains, Mammoth, Keystone, Breck... and hasn't complained about it one bit.

BTW, the Magic has a slight camber underfoot. The profile of this board is different from any of their other boards.

I honestly love the Banana Magic. I'd love to have one in my quiver someday (hurts the wallet lol) for all-mountain riding.