Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #1600 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Hey All,

Leo suggested in reply to another post that I post a few in here in order to get to know some of the local LP & S.E. MI riders.

My vacation got put off from last week to next week. Actually it starts this coming Fri. I have reservations @ Boyne on Wed. the 1st of Feb. for 4 days, but I haven't yet decided if maybe I should leave on Mon. and go check out Crystal Mountain for a couple of days before heading over to Boyne.

Crystal has a ski & stay special right now, Stay one night, get one free. That includes all day lift tickets as well for both days. Sounds like a good deal & I've heard a few good things about Crystal. I'm not a Terrain Park guy yet, (...maybe ever!) Right now my skills have advanced to the point where I can get down the hill, pretty confidant that I can maneuver well enough to avoid most of what I can "See" coming. (Little pink toddler rockets not withstanding!!!)

So right now I'm just looking for someplace with good snow, (...of course right now in MI, fair snow would be OK!!) some decent length, interesting Green & Blue runs, and maybe a black or two that doesn't look like it'll put me in traction!

(if anyone has any tips or advice about Crystal that would help with the "go-no go" decision, they will be much appreciated!)

Also, If it stops "RAINING" (...RAINING FOR F@#$ SAKE) ...I'll most likely head out to Pine Knob, Holly, or maybe try Alpine this coming Fri or Sat. before leaving. If anyone is interested in meeting up and sharing a chair, watching me fall down the hill etc.!!

Pray for cold & snow!!!

p.s. Leo, My younger sister's daughter is older than 30!!! ;D (...but I ain't lettin' that stop me from getting out and doin' lines!!!)

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!

Last edited by chomps1211; 01-23-2012 at 02:09 PM.
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote