Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help me teach my gf...
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
NSXRguy

Default Help me teach my gf...

What is the proper order of teaching my gf how to board? Recently went to killington and i was stuck on the blue bunnny hill all day... 2hrs down each time... This isnt her first time boarding either... Maybe im teaching her in the wrong order?

First i took her to the green bunny hill on camelback in pa, which is a nice slope to learn how to brake, steep enough to get going and a decent distance. I picked camel over the mountain creek bunny hill because i felt the creek hill is a bit too steep an icy for beginners. I taught her how to get up by facing up the mtn and pushing off while shes on her knees. Shes decent with it. Ive been teaching her how to heel side brake going straight down the mountain. Shes having trouble feathering side to side, not sure exactly why. I havent had her try going down straight yet and then brake until im comfy that she can brake properly.

Now, on out killington trip, i was getting pissed off because i know she can heel side brake down the blue bunny trail, but she kept sitting down and falling... She says her legs are tired... So i told her to not squat as much so not to burn her thighs too much. I watch her and her balance is fine, until she decides to stop fully and falls down and sits again.

Shes already gone like 4 times, 2 this season... She has all the protection (head, wrists, butt, knees) because shes a bit "fragile"

Am i approaching this the wrong way? I was a late bloomer myself because i didnt have anybody teaching me while i was learning.

How should i go about teaching her and what skills order should i do?
NSXRguy is offline   Reply With Quote