Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #1602 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Ah, so you are older haha...
Yup,.. 51 this past Dec.

You know, I kinda figured that after my initial first couple of "...desperate fat chick lookin' for a prom date" type post's got pretty much ignored, that maybe I was too old, (or at least too big a "dork") to find any local folks to meet & ride with!

I googled a few of the local ski clubs 'n' such, The Ann Arbor Snowboard club looked promising, but upon further investigation, I would have been "The Creepy OLD Dude" (...with one eye & a van! ) in the bunch. Definitely did NOT want to be That Guy!!! (...there were some HOT lookin' babes in that bunch tho!!!) I've noticed that I kinda get that sort of vibe occasionally from some of the folks I've tried striking up conversations with on the hills or riding the chair. LOT's of teenage boarders everywhere I've been so far, not many over 30 or with the same amount of gray in their beards that I have! (...well there was one, but MAN, was that one UGLY woman!!!) Hard to talk with the "Tweens" without folks thinking I'm some sort of a Perv.

Anyway, I haven't been to Mt Holly, or Alpine yet. So far In SE MI I've been to MT brighton 2-3 times last year and PK a half dozen times this year!

So Leo, If you or some of your Bud's,.. If you stay local this weekend and don't mind hangin' for a couple runs with an Old Dude, let me know where you're headed & maybe I'll see you in the lift line!

Either way, I'll likely be at some of those hills a few more times before winter's over! (...or whenever Winter actually arrives!)

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote