Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Flow Heel Slippage

938 views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Shankmasterflex 
G
#1 ·
I have the Flow NXT Freestyles and have been riding them all season.
I HIGHLY recommend them but lately ive been having a one problem.
When i do spins and land just a little bit toe side, my entire heel slips half way up the heel back.
This obviously causes me to fall and unable to slow myself down using my heel edge. Its becoming dangerous and tightening the binding hasn't helped at all. It's only been happening in my right (back foot) binding, i don't land switch all that often so i dont know if it's happening in my left (front foot) binding too.

#3 ·
That sounds pretty crappy man... I wish I could help you out but I don't ride flows. It's good to hear about this problem though, cause I've been thinking about getting a pair. I've heard mixed reviews from people, and I ride park, so I need a sturdy binding.
Heels sliding up in the binding would be a BIG problem, as you've said. I guess I'd have to ride em to know for sure, but I think I'd rather live with the extra 15 seconds it takes to strap in and know my feet aren't going anywhere.

G
#5 ·
if it helps at all i wear burton freestyle boots. might be a bad match up possibly. just a heads up.

i recommend them just because they are so flippin handy. that extra 15 seconds on your ass adds up after a while haha. especially takes a toll on my tail bone i know that for sure. any time not spent on the ground is cool with me. im not very flexible so i can't really reach the binding while standing up lolz haha.

yeah but theyve been super sturdy on rails and jumps just until recently when i started getting this problem =/. demo them and try em on some kickers and tell me if you get the same problem. i think im going to call them.

#6 ·
Ok assuming you have your straps set properly, how about your forward lean? With flows you have to run at least a little forward lean for the release to work properly. Now after riding my binders for awhile I had problems getting them open. Turned out that either the cable had stretched a little or I just knocked the forward lean off from use. Either way, I just had to reset it and it worked fine after. I was also having the heel slip when it wasn't set right. Talking to Flow is a great idea too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.