Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New from New York!
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
ColeWorld

Default New from New York!

Heyy all...from NY and we finally got some snow so I am really itching to snowboard nowadays. I am a senior in high school and I just started 2 winters ago. Since then I have only gotten to go around 10 times. At this point I figured I should just buy a board because I do like it and I think it would encourage me to make the long drive to board. The only problem is that I have a very limited budget. I'd like to keep to only $250 but I don't think that is plausible. So far it seems as though either a) I go over my budget and grab a bundle from the-house which has the Anthem Planetary board/binding/boots for 280 b) Buy a Morrow Clutch for 180 and try to find some used boots/bindings. c) Buy all used- which I wouldn't mind but it seems a bit risky.

I was thinking of going for a board of around 160-162 as I weigh 170 lbs and I am 5'9''. My shoe size is 11.

I think as I am casual it is fine to have a small budget anyways.

Hopefully one day I can provide the same great advice here and on the slopes I am hoping to get .
ColeWorld is offline   Reply With Quote