Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Pocono's Suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
EatRideSleep
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRVA View Post
I was at Elk on MLK day and had the chairs to myself all day long. I honestly have no idea how this place stays in business. The terrain is pretty solid in addition to never being crowded. I definitely recommend it.
Good to know. I chatted with the guys from Elk at the Meadowlands sale this year. Sounded like a decent place to check out in talking with them, but good to hear from an outside perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRock View Post
I don't have much to add that wasn't covered except that this rain is not helping things. These local mountains can't catch a break. Locally I have ridden camelback/JFBB this year and I think they both have done wonders with the hand they have been dealt. I rode camelback MLK day and it wasn't too crowded and the conditions were not bad at all. Did another weekday or two early there and a friday at JF which were all enjoyable since they were empty... despite some rougher conditions

I grew up riding at Shawnee in the 90s.. had a seasons pass there for three years in HS. I have never been back (since 97) if that tells you anything. ELK is a bit farther haul but a nice little mt and personally I have never liked blue. If there was any snow Mt Creek is worth checking out, but I have not even gone there despite it being the closest mt to me.
I never liked Blue, either, except for last night. The vibe was way better than the last time/s I was there and their coverage was better than Camelback's was Saturday night. It really surprised me. They were blowing huge mounds of snow on some of the closed trails, although with this rain who knows what shape they're in now. I still don't like how some trails cross each other awkwardly and the flats are a bit much. The only time I go to Blue is when friends are set on it (majority vote).
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote