Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What injuries have you had snowboarding?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Just curious, were the bulk of these injuries "Terrain Park" related, or were they sustained thru average everyday free riding type activity? (...you know, catch a little "wrong" air, little too fast thru the glades, too much speed & catchin' an edge, dipshit skier {...or boarder} not watchin' were they're going? Etc. etc.?)

Just wonderin' exactly what it is I have to look forward to as my skills progress! (...don't really see myself ever doing any "Park" stuff. Maybe some pipe if my skills allow! but no rails or boxes I don't think)

...that immature deal only works for the "Mind"! The "Body" is still OLD!! (I swear, Gravity sucks you into the earth a lot harder, and with a Lot less "bounce" after 40!!)

One BAD hip pointer injury, end of 1st day, 1st lesson! Knew enough to rent a helmet for the lesson, but then fell back on my elbows & shoved my shoulder up under my ear below the helmet!!!! Grayed out a bit from that!

Re-Injured Hip pointer, 1 week later! (Thank god I was wearing some padding for that one!! Would have needed a stretcher otherwise!)

So far though, mostly just strains, sprains, bruises as well as some plain old run of the mill "Monkey Butt"!!! Of course this last weekend I was clocking a few runs at over 30 & 35 mph. All my runs for the day had top speeds over 20-25 mph! So NOW,.. things could start to get a little hairy in a crash or fall!

(...Just as a little side note!

I think It's REALLY Strange that I've repeatedly crashed my L hip, HARD! Twice on the board, once on my MTB as it caught a pedal doin' 20 mph and the bike stopped! I of course DIDN'T! Bruise showed up three days later as my toes turned dark purple! Got a really neat shark tooth scar on my L ankle from the chain ring also,.. I've landed on my wrists and arms and shoulders, back, hips, knee's, butt!! dozens of times since I started boarding last year, and my arthritis hasn't kicked up over ANY of it! But once again, last night I reach into the back seat to get something while driving home, and this morning, I can't raise my arm high enough to hold a cup of coffee!!! R arm is useless from the shoulder down) One of God's little practical Jokes, No doubt!!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (42) days out!

Last edited by chomps1211; 01-24-2012 at 11:35 AM.
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote