Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What injuries have you had snowboarding?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
BurtonAvenger
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
Just curious, were the bulk of these injuries "Terrain Park" related, or were they sustained thru average everyday free riding type activity? (...you know, catch a little "wrong" air, little too fast thru the glades, too much speed & catchin' an edge, dipshit skier {...or boarder} not watchin' were they're going? Etc. etc.?)

Just wonderin' exactly what it is I have to look forward to as my skills progress! (...don't really see myself ever doing any "Park" stuff. Maybe some pipe if my skills allow! but no rails or boxes I don't think)

...that immature deal only works for the "Mind"! The "Body" is still OLD!! (I swear, Gravity sucks you into the earth a lot harder, and with a Lot less "bounce" after 40!!)
My injuries have been everything and anything in between. Speared myself on a tree that's what chipped my hip, improperly cut half pipe took out my spleen, elbow was me just getting too gnarly for my own good in the terrain park on a jump, caught edges, rock slams in powder, etc. etc. etc. Risk vs Reward.