Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #1610 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by [fly] View Post
Still haven't made it out to a hill yet this year.

I was doing ollies and nollies in my backyard last week. I honestly found nollies to be more productive than ollies...I could get enough pop out of a nollie to do some simple 180's.
...that's funny! I tried practicing the same thing in my front yard Sun. afternoon! (I must have some pitifully weak abs,.. I was sweatin' and huffin' and puffin' after about 10min. Need to get more "cardio" in the gym!!)

I got a lot more "pop" from the nose also, but I'm riding an Arbor Roundhouse 163W. It's a directional twin so I've got more nose than tail to flex. If i'm not mistaken, the directional twin is stiffer in the tail than nose by design as well isn't it? Anyway, I fell a LOT more often when trying to pop the tail than I did the nose. but this was also ALL done from a stationary, level, non moving position. Haven't had the guts to try ollies or nollies while moving yet. Especially on all the hard icy shit we've had around here lately!

If the warm(r),.. (ish?) (...weird F#$%ing) weather softens the snow enough, maybe I'll try a few this weekend. I definitely don't want to "F" myself up before my vacation tho.!!!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote