Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - is there a secret to riding with Flatkick?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
jojotherider

Default is there a secret to riding with Flatkick?

Hey folks,

I've got a 2011 Capita Ultrafear 155. This is my not-much-new-snow/park board. I've only ridden it about 4 days and I've got mixed feelings on it. I like the poppiness of it and I like the dampening system. But I'm struggling with straighlining and carving.

Straightlining - There are those spots where I need to gather up a bunch of speed to clear a flat/uphill section. Whenever I get the board flat, it feels super unstable and like I'm going to catch an edge. Is that just something that happens with flatkick (or flatcambered boards in general)?

Carving - feels like I can't get onto the toeside very well. switching to the heelside and carving seems ok, its just that transition doesn't seem to happen. instead of a nice clean carve, i get a windshield wiper turn when I go toeside.

Some other info:
-I've been riding a Gnu Riders Choice 157 for the past 3 years - could straightline/carve no problem
-My other board is a Nitro Team Gullwing 159 which I can also straightline/carve with no problem.
-Bindings are Burton Trustoms. Basically a frankenbinding with Triad baseplates and Custom Highbacks (broke the Triad highbacks). I tried the board with my Rome Targas and the ride was terrible. Will definitely stick with the Burtons.

I'd appreciate any thoughts/suggestions.

-joel

Last edited by jojotherider; 01-29-2012 at 01:54 PM.
jojotherider is offline   Reply With Quote