Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gonna try my 1st 360, tips....
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cr0_Reps_Smit
Veteran Member

do whatever spin you are gonna feel more comfortable with, every one is different. i personally learned frontside first cause thats just what came naturally to me but i know many people who are the opposite.

one of the most important things in spinning is the set up turns and your timing with those turns. im going to assume you are regular to explain this but if you are goofy just flip them.

when you are dropping in you are gonna wanna start on the left hand side of the jump, slowly edge towards the right hand side of the jump on your toes then once you get towards the base of the jump you get back on your heel edge and make a nice mellow arc going back towards the left. though when doing this you dont want to hook to much back, you want to come off the jump so your trajectory is sending you straight over the jump and not too much to the sides. that is where the timing comes into play because if you start edging to early youll hook back and drift to the left. heres a little picture i drew to help give you a better idea of what im saying.

the 2nd most important thing is to be patient with the lip and not try to pop to early causing you to "pre spin" or start spinning while you are still on the lip. when ever im coaching people to spin i try and tell them to wait till your front foot is JUST about to leave the lip before you pop, then once you pop you "put your chin to the shoulder" as i like to say and just make sure you are looking over your shoulder.

for the landing a lot of people tend to over rotate a bit because they wait till the can actually SEE the landing before the open up for it, but by that time you are already pretty much are the 3, so i always say to spot it the same way you would a back 1(hopefully youve done those a bit already) and spot your landing by looking up hill at the 270, this will slow you done enough and its better to come out a teeny bit short as long as you land on your toes.

thats pretty much all there is to it and if theres anything you didnt get just let me know.