Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 7D or 5D Mark II
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 01:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
Gibbs

I've got experience shooting with both. And i own the 7d. Honestly, can't believe no one has mentioned this but you should definitely highly consider a 60d. the flip out screen makes life soooo much easier. In addition to that it will cut your budget down IMMENSELY especially if you get it used. You pretty much get all the same things the 7d does video wise, and same video quality, no difference. If your going to be professional about photos then the 5d or 7d would be best. But video wise only, 60d for sure. 5ds full frame is nice and the censor, but that camera comes with a hefty price tag. 7d is weather proof, I'm assuming the 5d is as well. Not going to check into that but you get the idea.

I kept this super short and sweet, but my background is from a videoagraphy stand point. I shoot skateboarding, events, and i've done some of this stuff in school. I strictly use DSLRs. And i'm fairly confident about what i'm saying.

Overview:
60d- Best price tag BY FAR!! Flip out screen is AWESOME, same video quality as the 7d. Can be magic lantern hacked(you'll like what this is A LOT)
7d - Excellent camera,great for shooting video. Middle price compared to 5d and 60d. I own it, and i'm happy with it, shoots 8fps for photos, fastest one.
5d - Full frame, amazing amazing video quality. EXPENSIVE!!

If i were you I'd get the 60d if your doing video, still not bad for photos.

Lenses:
-canon 50mm f/1.8 - $100 <3 its a must
-Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 all the way through - Great sharp wide angle lens (ONLY for crop censors, 60d/7d NOT 5d)
-24-70mm L f/2.8 all the way through. Expensive but its a work horse.
Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote