Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Shoulder Separation Recovery Time?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
ShredLife
The Rooster King

i did mine about two years ago, and there was really good snow the day after or maybe two days after i did it so i was riding powder in a sling, high on pills. had to ride real conservatively and not fall tho cuz even landing on your ass will jar you enough for it to really hurt.

if you can ride all day without falling, as long as you ride mellow, then you're probably good to go.

that said - i still have not fished or rowed my boat since it happened (youtube 'spey casting' and you'll see the type of fly fishing i do and how hard it would be with a jacked up shoulder). i am just now getting to the point where i can do things that require strength out of the joint.

even two years later there is still some crunchiness in there, and it still hurts on long drives and some other stuff. i don't think my shoulder will ever be like it was before i did this. i think the best thing to do is try and build up more muscle there, but its hard to do when it hurts to lift weight with it.

i wish i had better things to say about it.... but it hasn't kept me off the hill too much - mostly other things in life that it makes suck - or impossible
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote